Hi Verona, in answer to your question, yes, DS10 has issues following instructions. However, we are really not that fussed about it. At the time we had testing for DS done (at 8 years), he was also diagnosed with auditory processing disorder, motor dyspraxia and sensory integration disorder (took a while to get our heads around all of this). I know this isn't the answer you want, or need, right now, but we really have come to accept that we don't have to "fix" everything. DS has amazing gifts and some weaknesses in other areas. We do what we can to help, but I think he will always have issues with sensory processes and processing information. We have found that the experience DS has at school is directly related to what type of teacher he has. He has had bad years followed by great years. So...maybe this year is a blip for your son and the teacher just doesn't "get" him. OT was a program aimed at sensory integration disorders. It is funny - we have 3 boys, all gifted but in different ways. DS1 is adverse to textures, sounds, lights etc, while DS3 seeks out touch and texture. Both have sensory integration disorders but at different ends! Not sure I am helping here, just rambling - feel free to ask any more questions - sounds like our sons are quite similar!