Originally Posted by Verona
My son has difficulties with organization and has trouble remembering multistep verbal instructions (go upstairs, put on your pyjamas, brush your teeth and wash your face). He is also slow to react, and there is usually a pause (sometimes a very long one) before he answers a question. This is not an issue once he is engaged in a conversation that interests him.

He has become very disengaged at school this year (grade 4), is showing a lot of oppositional behavior, is refusing to do required work and thinks that he is "dumb". His handwriting is not so bad, and he can produce very neat work when he takes his time (not often these days). He hates practicing anything that he can't master right away. These are the reasons that I had the testing done.

This describes my son and his VCI and PRI were within a few points of each other. He does have ADHD and this summer I finally tried medication which has been really helpful. I do not yet know how it will effect the issues in school, especially if the curriculum remains unchallenging.