gosh Trinity, that really **is** like our story.
I just now figured out how to get to these other posts. I've been stuck at reading only my own post.

In response to some of the other posts, my take on education, as a person with an MA in ECSE, is that many educators do two things....1) the least they can to get their pay and 2) the most they can to undermine the parent. It is the dominant "school culture", unfortunately. I see it proudly propelled in our school district administration. It's so frustrating and sad.

They accept mediocrity in themselves and they resent the striving for excellence in others. There are a handful that really care for the kids and really try their best, in spite of the "school culture" that inhibits them. Those are the ones I rely on. I think I've seen that in our principal, a couple of the teachers, and one or two other members of The Mite's special ed team. Because of that, I'm going to give them a shot at striving for excellence in themselves and The Mite, before I pass judgement. Plus, it will give me a little time to plot alternative strategies.

Willa Gayle