Thanks for all your input. This whole thing is really so confusing and a bit scary at times. I have seen too many kids that I know get bored & drop out. On the other hand, I am energized to see him grow & get excited in his learning. My goal is to give him every opportunity to avoid that scenario of dropping out.

I guess a proper introduction would help.........My son is 7 years old & in 2nd grade at a small private school (individual attention at the childs level is the marketing, but I do not think anyone has the ability to work with him). I am a single mom & he is an only child. He has been fascinated with numbers, books, & puzzles from early on. I have know for a long time that he had some pretty special abilities, but now having the test results, I have confirmation smile Once I had the test results in hand, it seemed like the school paid a bit more attention & believed what I have been trying to tell them.

I also know that where he is is not the ideal place for him. I am in a position that I may be relocating & I am thinking that finding a proper school should be a major consideration. Currently we have been leaning towards Virginia, but I really have not looked into what they might have for his ability. Now that I have the test results, I think I better check a bit more smile

I only paid $15 for the test (insurance covered the rest), but I am a bit frustrated at her lack of communicating with me on this. In hindsight, I probably did not ask the right questions. My intent in doing the test was to see if he would score high enough to apply for the Young Scholars (he did smile . Now that I have the scores, I have a million other thoughts/concerns/questions.

It is so nice to have found this forum to talk with others.

Thank you