Hi Jaxmom - Welcome. Raising gifted kids has lots of pleasures, I'm assuming you know all about that, so lets get down to the worry and anguish, ok?

This IQ testing business is very confusing. Do you have a Gifted Association in you state? Perhaps other parents there can start to give you some answers? (Be a bit cautions here because there is a large range of gifted, and what works with most gifted doesn't fit so called, "highly gifted/profoundly gifted.")

You don't say how old your child is, but if you are dealing with, or are planning to, any school what isn't totally familiar with kids like yours, then I would strongly reccomend going to "The Assessment and Counseling Clinic (ACC) of the Belin-Blank Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development is dedicated to providing clinical, outreach, and consultation services for gifted individuals, their families, and schools,"

(From their website at http://www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/clinic/)

because your child's test scores indicate that you really need to be at one of the top 5 centers in the USA.

- It may seem like a lot of money, but my experience is that you will end up there anyway, so you may as well save your self some tears and frustration.

I can't believe that you tester faxed you the results. Hopefully you didn't pay hundreds of dollars for this. If you spent less than 250$, pat yourself on the back for a good first step and go on from there. If you spent more, it's unfortunate, but I reccomend you not waste anymore energy on the rip-off, most of us adults "pay tuition at the school of hard knocks," from time to time.

And yes, I would guess that your teacher is referencing the old Binet LM. Basically, your child "ceilinged out" on the WISC III. You do have ample cause for concern. You are at the begining of a long learning process. For me, it's been a lot more fun and effective with support, so good for you for joining in with your arms open to gather up some!

Sending you Love and Luck - Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com