Oh, your poor little guy!

My DD7 also struggles with anxiety/worries and panic. She dwells on occasions where she was scared, almost to the point of obsessing. She talks about it insessantly and asks the same questions over and over. She has a few fears that evoke panic attacks. The biggest two are bears and bees. She spent almost an entire summer indoors because she saw two bees outside our house and had a panic attack. She was really traumatized over these bees. We just had her convinced that it was safe outside and I decided to teach her how to ride a bike. Sent her sailing on her own off into a field of dandlions where she stirred up all kids of bees. I thought she was going to need therapy after that!!

She often has nightmares about whatever has scared her. I can't even count the number of bad bear dreams she has had in the past year. All it takes is seeing a TV show with a bear in it. We try hard to talk her through her anxiety but it is hard. On one level she understands what we are saying, but on the other she is a little kid who is scared out of her mind and can't control her autonomic reaction to her fears.

I wish I had some great advice for you, but I don't. We have the same struggles. I hope someone else has some wisdom to share!!

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery