I was just looking back at this post of mine, and thought that I would update it with what it working amazingly for us. We are using RightStart Math. I say that it is school time and he says "let's do Math." Each lesson starts with a warm up/review (usually 3 things - quick questions for us, so far). Then the lesson incorporates three games into the learning of the material, while using the abacus, blocks, sheets to copy, or other manipulatives that are included in the set (we have the Basic Level B set). Two weeks ago, my DS learned the addition pairings that equal 10...7+3, 4+6...etc. With a cheat sheet that I wrote on paper (because I believe that Math should be written down;) we played the memory game where he had to find a 1 and a 9 as a pair; then we played Old Maid "do you have a 3 to go with my 7?", and one more. We used the cheat sheet a few times, and then I put it away to see if he knew it; and he did. We did it in the car out loud a few times as well. It is a really great program that I am entirely pleased with. We skipped a few lessons and started where we need to; but the games were fun. It comes with a few songs as well on a cd; but we don't use them. Having a copier is nice to have with this so you don't have to use the pages in the workbook, which is not used for every lesson, btw. Just a suggestion to those still looking for something fun and really works well for my very VSL DS5. Yah!