Thanks, Ladies. We were riding in the car today; and I tried the let's add game...you give me one and I'll give you one (I did realize that you were supposed to do it with paper; but I wanted to put in in his head for later). It did't last long; but I had an alterior motive. Next came, let's try counting by 5's - he got it, then 10's - he got it. He is so puzzling sometimes - but he had a playdate the other day and his firend mentioned that he could count by 5's and 10's; so maybe that triggered the interest???:) Or maybe he just needed time again. We'd tried them about 3 weeks ago to no avail. I am one to bring everday things into play all the time. I wasn't this way before, and didn't think I could do it (my mother-in-law is a pro at this); but lately I feel like I have been given the gift.:) We were on time4learning again today. He liked it again. I think that he likes that I sit with him and am available to him...even if it's just for emotional/cheering-him-on support. I am sure that he'll want to do it by himself at some point; but he needs to get the system/order of progression first. Thanks again!