Hi TwinkleToes...I've only been on this board a short time but I've really learned a lot not only about my DD but honestly, about myself LOL. I knew I was labeled gifted in music and athletics, but I never realized that my own "oversensitivities" were "normal" I guess for gifted kids. I always thought I was nuts. Ok well I am in a way but hey...I celebrate my wierdness. :o)

Anyway her gross motor skills are good...early on she rolled over at 8 weeks and sat up on her own at 5 months. Around 8-9 months she was starting to stand up but she decided she didn't want to walk and began crawling at 10 months. She would walk however around tables but wouldn't let go till one day in Texas we were visiting my best friend and she has an older daughter who was running around so my DD I guess decided this was a good time to do so. She finally walked and started running practically LOL. She climbs very well too.

Her fine motor skills however are not as easy for her. She can write but it has taken some time to get her comfortable with the idea. I would say fine motor skills are more of a weakness for her though I wouldn't say substantially so...enough to warrant any kind of assistance. Her speech was interesting in that I swore at 10 months of age I heard her say airplane and she never said it again. She really didn't say much until just at 2 but I had already signed her up for speech therapy...she was just starting to say words. She probably would've been fine, part of me thinks she just didn't want to because I wanted her to...which is certainly a big part of her personality to date!

As far as Kindergarten...I wish I had the funds to put her in Montessori or some other private school though we do live in a town where the public schools are top notch. I'm frustrated however with the fact that Kindergarten is only 2 1/2 hours a day, which to me is a waste of time.

What are your plans for Kindergarten?