I did finally get a one sentence response yesterday from the Principal which basically said "waiting on higher level admins, will let you know what I hear."

I guess it isn't so bad, as the pullout group is apparently continuing - but I do view the beginning of the next academic year as the drop dead date, since I don't think the group will continue. I guess what is disappointing is that based on that response, I see very little willingness to engage in discussion - I am trying to think positively, but it really isn't very encouraging. It didn't respond to several different points DH and I made that were broader re: curriculum and teaching.

On a more positive note, DS and I have been briefly (like for 8 minutes)going over how to do long division, and it has been the first time ever that I have seen him struggle a bit with a math concept. Actually, not sure it is the concept as much as the fact he doesn't know his multiplication facts super well, so he finds it hard to divide into - anyway, what was neat was that he was engaged and challenged! Something we really don't ever see. I think he liked it - although he was kind of frustrated too - it was hard to read because there was some new stuff going on.

thanks to all of you for your support - sometimes I feel like I am just a freaky mom, as I said, I can't imagine how those of you with a PG handle all of this, as I am finding it super hard (maybe my own obsessive personality traits wink ).

Cat