OH and I failed to mention my house is on the market, had to put things in storage, and shopping for a new house....it's been crazy!! There isn't a lot around here for HSers... not many where I am. The archeologist does this out of someone's home twice per year. We did Bravewriter classes this Fall and those worked out well! If I hadn't all that writing wouldn't have gotten done. I"im not out-sourcing art. FOund a wonderful art teacher and he has made two wonderful projects. Those CTY online classes are soooo expensive!

I guess my question is, particularly kids who are advanced in verbal skills and reading.....challenging them seems more difficult than a kid who is very advanced in math. He could certainly handle middle school course work minus middle school writing volume, ha ha ha. I have a 1st and 4th grader but feel like I"m schooling a 3rd and a 6th grader or should be. My 1st grader is working up but I'm not sufficiently challenging my 4th grader. Today we watched a lecture by a Howard Hughes Medical INstitute professor on catalytic RNA. The lecture was given to high school students, mostly seniors it appears. Picture this...DD3 singing or talking or banging....DS6 asking every 5 minutes for me to define a term or explain what the professor is talking about, I am trying to engage DS9 about the lecture.... I think from now on, we'll watch those while DD is in the bath, DS6 will have to keep his questions to a minimum, and then he and I can discuss later. DS9 hates when I have to keep starting and stopping.