When he can figure out how to solve math problems in ways that the book doesn't show (with the least amount of writing of course) and picks up math concepts quickly but makes mistakes on easy things because the 2 he wrote was really supposed to be a 5 and he is having a "glitch day" and difficulty compensating for the motor dyspraxia/dysgraphia.

When he can express himself verbally better than a lot of adults but needs his mom (definitely not verbally gifted) to explain his disability because adults don't believe that he could be so smart and have the difficulties--that it has to be laziness and he is just making excuses.

His verbal giftedness makes him seem so mature that his adult sister forgets he is only 11 and that he might be extremely upset when she mentions that she can understand how some people commit suicide--and then doesn't answer the phone for hours. He had spent weeks trying to cheer her up after she broke up with her boyfriend and he felt so worried and helpless when she wouldn't answer the phone after making the comment that he cried and thought he might have said something wrong, but he was able to convey his feelings about the incident very well in the tongue lashing he gave her and he didn't let her just laugh it off. I heard him tell her several times, "It isn't funny!" and "No, you are not going back to sleep. I didn't get any sleep last night because I was worried about you." This went on for hours and afterwards, my daughter sheepishly said she couldn't believe she was in so much trouble with an 11 year old.

Talks like an adult but still can't drink grape juice without getting a purple moustache.