Originally Posted by kimck
Originally Posted by Cricket2
I'd almost see that as a typical gifted thing maybe not just 2e or maybe I have weird gifted kids blush! Dd#1 didn't learn to ride her bike until she was 10 -- the same year she was in 6th grade. Her concern that she was going to "fracture" her hip if she fell seemed to be a big hold up.

Oh I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe I should reassess my kids as possibly being 2E or just weird! DS especially would prefer to recite a dissertation on why he can't or shouldn't try something new than jump in and do it. He hates button shirts and laced shoes. It's all elastic pants, velcro shoes, and pull over shirts for day to day use! He did learn to ride his bike 2 wheels at 6. After basically forcing him and hours of reassurance. He's just a kid that needs a kick in the pants. Once he actually tries, he's usually good to go. He totally loves biking now.

I have a niece in 6th grade who still refuses to try and ride her bike. .

Yeah, our ds9 is like that... is there a list of 'milestones' gt kids are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind on ? Does it make any sense at all to put yourself on this little metal thing that offer zero protection and hurtle yourself down a hill? Probably not, and I can't convince him otherwise, yet.