Hi Grinity,

I'm still not getting if he goes right to 9th grade next near at public. If so that sounds better than going to 8th next year and then moving to high school, although, it actually might work out better socially since he has that group of friends there.

It's a tought call and you'll never really know if you made the right decision either way. IRL, when working on a project, book, etc, you have a deadline, you meet it and get immediate feedback. You get annual reviews, semi-annual reviews to track your progress, ect. Parenting is so hard because any feedback you get on your parenting success never seems to be concrete. You basically don't find out whether or not you are truly successful until the kid is mid-20's 30's and if you messed it up, too bad, so sad; you can't do anything about it!!!

With that said, If whatever decision you/DS makes doesn't work out, you can always re-group and make another one. I've found when making these decisions that sometimes things become available later that I had never even thought of at the time I was making a decision.
DD7 fits DS's profile in a way and I stuggle with some of the things you are. All the evidence suggests she should be skipped. However, she is unusually mature and says she doesn't want to do it. That is the ONLY reason we are not pursuing it at this point. It's a decision based on gut feeling only, totally contrary to the research.
But, something is telling me not to push it unless she's onboard. I'm investigating homeschool, and we have checked out some homeschool groups. Again, we won't pursue it, unless she is saying it's what she would like to do. This doesn't mean at some point in the future, something else problematic might arise and DH and I would decide we had to take action, no matter how she felt about it..........but right now..........we are following her lead. Right or wrong.

I