I talk to FC for the first time on Thursday. As you can see I need somebody to get me on the right path. Do you think I should do anything to prep for that 1st conversation?

Maybe, I'll just present the following possible goals/obsticals and see what FC says.

Get School to understand DS's needs and consequences for not meeting those needs. The principal says it's ok if school is easy for him, which is discouraging. I did find some hope in that she said she was willing to learn something new. Principal also seem to appreciate the value of more in depth school work.

I was thinking I want the school to try something more this year. I would think with all A grades he has some margins for trial and error. A short trial (last 2 months of school) might make it less scarey to do something to challenge him next year. I also think it's harder to try something new when he is just starting the new year.

I would like him to test out of his daily Math pages and do more of mindware Math Enrichment I provided. More Possible ideas: move him up for Math Enrichment, pull him out to learn an instrument or spanish, accellorate in reading or science. Overall, condense, test out, or subject accellorate to find a way to challenge him more without adding more work load. I just want him to work hard on something and learn something because it all too easy.

Last edited by onthegomom; 02/08/10 02:43 PM.