Originally Posted by Dottie
Don't focus so much on the 5/6 points. 5/6 points is within the error bounds of what the test reports anyway, and any quoted scores should really be presented in a range. But...since the FSIQ and the achievement testing are so matched to each other, I would focus on the very solid "about 140". Not only does he have a somewhat "hypothetical" IQ score, but he has an arsenal of achievement that lives up to it. That is worth more than the extra potential points, wink .

I'm trying to collect information that says DS needs appropriate education and be able to speak about it. Dottie- I'm not sure I asked my question the right way before. so I'll try again.

Here is an example from Genuis Denied:
A score of 145 occurs in the population roughly once in on thousand.

Here is an example that would state he is different enough from most students but he misses by 5 points. So does the school conclude he is not in the category? If he had 5 points more he would really need help then? I know this sound silly but I want to be able to approach them with facts not almost. So can I not use this?

example from Genuis Denied:
The problem becomes most acute in what we call "highly gifted students, which in education parlance meant IQs of at least 145 ....

Once again this would be a wonderful quote but he missed by 5 points.

So can I use the quotes to get their attention and validate the need or is it no good because it's only close?

I keep seeing this 145 IQ number in many valuable references.

I'm not seeing the 140 in references. If they are not relating to it well enough now then I think a reference could be so helpful.

Last edited by onthegomom; 02/05/10 09:16 PM.