I'm not looking for perfect accomidations. I just think he should be learning more and studying. If they could get 2 or 3 subjects close to right for him he could hang in there for the rest. He is really enjoying some friendship this year and his school basket ball team.

Ex. Study guides for Science and Social Studies. He know these the first day. Most of the infomation he knows before he reads the book. The teacher provides the paragraph to 2 questions on the test, they are graded on spelling and puncutation. I do see the point of the kids learning what is an appropriate anwser. He says he would like to give the anwser. (insulted again)

So if the scores are close to the other gifted kids in everything but Math they will probally do nothing else. This make me think, if we want his needs met in more than the Math we need to move to another school.

Except, if the explore test produces results then maybe they will do something with this.

He is so amazing because of how quickly he can read, learn, understand and retain so much that I don't even get. It feels like this school is not measuring up except socially. Should I be thinking the other gifted kids are in same situation except in Math?

The school said they have several kids with this IQ. I said how do they know? She said we give kids the X test. I forget the name. I never recieved a report with IQ before his IQ testing.

The library has the state Math tests, practice tests. If he went thru these, would that help the school understand his Math or should I have him do some Math program, like EPGY at home and bring in the reports.

His grumpiness is worse in general these days. He says the other kids don't like school. He doesn't like what he is reading but doesn't want to put any effort into new books. It's like school is holding him back so he will too. He has never had a problem entertaining himself due to self made projects. He is frequently talking "boring" and is less interested in trying new things.

Last edited by onthegomom; 02/06/10 08:06 AM.