Lorel,
We are still in the quiet phase of incorporating and getting our ducks in a row, so please forgive me if I sound a bit reticent.

Yes, I am a parent, like most everyone on this forum. I am also seasoned in raising capital for worthy projects. This is something I believe in far beyond my own child's needs. My role is to get the project off the ground. Everyone loves the idea but few have the time or interest to do the work to make it happen.

We are in the process of recruiting national volunteers to get behind this project and are speaking to leaders in a variety of fields to make sure our core group is diverse. This group will surely include someone experienced in identifying and advocating for gifted children, educators experienced in teaching gifted kids, parents from different socio-economic backgrounds and geographic locations, corporate partner representatives, etc.

The proposed location is on the east coast, in an area which already attracts some of our nation's brightest minds as it is a hub for their work. The area is also blessed with a good deal of wealth and many philanthropists.

As to your questions about scholarship dollars - certainly a good amount of the available dollars will be for those who need it. The challenge is not to make this only a school for the wealthy. There is also discussion about scholarship dollars based on specific areas of talent, although all of this is in a very preliminary stage. That is why feedback from this forum will be so helpful. We have to come up with a fantastic package to sell and the details of what will make this school so special really need to be incorporated as part of the philosophy.

The comments you provided were great. Please keep them coming.