A few committed folks on the east coast are putting together a preliminary plan for a school specifically for the highest level of gifted student. There will be some similar elements to what the Davidson Academy offers, specifically no age-based classes.

There will be some huge differences though. This school will be for all age kids, and while the youngest students will go to a day school, the middle school/high school age kids will have a boarding option. Also, this school will be a private!

Big industry and philanthropy will be on board to ensure enough funds to ensure that funding exists to have perhaps as much of 50% of students on a full scholarship. Also, fund raising dollars will also go to state of the art facilities, technology and faculty. There is great interest for this already.

There has been much discussion on what elements need to be in place to make this the best environment to challenge our brightest minds. I have read many of your threads and I believe that you, as parents of these children, would know what some of these elements might be.

I understand that a school just for PG kids is only the right scenario for some children and their families, and that this would not be for everyone. But for those kids who will thrive in this environment, it will make a difference in their lives and help give them the educational experience they deserve.

So I am interested in hearing all your thoughts as to what you would include in a PG school based on your experiences as a parent.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

SusieQ