ColinsMum -
I was not sure the gifted teacher saw this Creative Math as a typical thing. She said she never saw anyone do + or - like this before but he was getting the right answer. I feel like they think he is a less capable Math person becuase he is inventive. I think he is actual very capable he just needed a reality check on what's the quickest or best way to do the Math. He is doing it the fast way now.

Maybe the multipliction issue is something more than I can understand. I am certainly not very knowledgable in Math and how it is learned. I think I will wait on asking about this.

I have been wanting to send a note becuase this has been bugging me for a week. It seems like it is too risky to send a note becuase they might be insulted despite my intentions.

Last year before they did testing and made some accomidations the gifted teacher just said tell him to just hang in there. Well he couldn't and it got bad. I do feel like she wants to help him and appreciates his hard work.

This is very hard. I want to help him but I am only so capable of understanding what their reactions might be. Thanks so much for your input you probally saved me from harming the relationship with the gifted teacher. I sent her a compliment on something new she has done instead today.

Last edited by onthegomom; 11/11/09 11:10 AM.