Allison,

OT: How old is DD? Lots of High IQ kids are terrible sleepers. What hasn't worked so far? You must be exhausted!

If your tester will be around, and only charges 300$, then I would definitly do over in 6 to 12 months.

How many Parents here have Montessori Schooled Kids with lower than expected "knowledge subtests?" I don't know what it means, and I'm not at all sure it's bad, but I sure do see a pattern. I didn't do Montessori, for fear of the practice, although the theory sounds great, and I sure love the idea of an independent learner.

Allison,
In some ways, letting the child do work at their readiness level, without giving them credit and forcing a skip is very appealing. For a competitive/athletic child, imagine being allowed to take Middle School Math/Science and LA, while staying with their elementary agemates for art, music and gym, and being able to be on teams with their agemates. Ironically, around here, a lot of DS11's friends play on teams with older grade children. It's called "playing up" and a great honor.

Personally, I'll take the documented gradeskip for my particular DS, as he has 'grade loyalty' and I can't risk having to fight my battles over again.

Yes, dear, flexibility is key.
and
No, dear, I can't picture him going back to his old school.

Having a demanding DD may be a benifit to your homeschooling, as it will be a built in pressure for DS to be somewhat responsible and somewhat independent, in a good way.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com