Another update....I thought DS was having a good two weeks at school. No big behavior problems except talking out of turn. Today he came home with a behavior ticket. I'm not exactly sure what it is but it's something that the teacher and I both sign and that they keep on file. It was for bad naptime behavior. When he started this school I talked to the principal about naps and told her that he has never taken them and she promised me that they'd find something else for him to do.

Not only did he have a write up but he came home with a behavior plan. When I went meet with the teacher a month ago she told me that she didn't think behavior plans worked and that she wouldn't put him on one. Now for every activity they do he gets a happy, medium or sad face and I have to sign it. Looking at it I've noticed that most of his sad faces are during nap, math or reading time. This only leads me to believe even more that his behavior is related to his being bored. We have conferences on Tuesday and I guess I'll find out what it's all about.

If I didn't know better I'd think that the teacher is going to use this behavior plan as yet another reason why they won't accelerate him in anything.

Last edited by Jamie B; 10/23/09 08:24 PM.