I'm at the point now where I want to pull DS out of school and just homeschool him. I do work full time from home so I'm not sure how I'd manage but I think it'd be easier than dealing with the school and school board.

What do you guys tell yourself to keep going and pushing?

Here's a short rundown of where we are:
DS is in a regular K classroom. He gets 90 minutes of enrichment a week and the school board says that that means they're upholding their part to educate him. He gets a few 1st grade reading worksheets in class that he has to do at his desk in the corner while the other kids learn with the teacher. Most of the 1st grade work they give him is sent home as homework all the while he complains about how bored he is at school and how he wants to learn something new.

I've talked to his teacher about moving him up to 1st grade and she says that he's fidgets too much for that to happen. She and the gifted teacher suggested that he had ADD so I got a counselor from the school board to go in and observe him and I took him to his pediatrician. The pedi said he saw no problems and the counselor said that she saw no issues. She said that DSs teacher said his issues aren't really in class it's more that he's clumsy and she's worried about him for safety reasons. They won't even allow him to do AR because he fidgets.

I've called the gifted department and the head told me that they could put him in full time gifted in 1st grade and he'd be doing some 1st grade and some 2nd grade work (he's beyond both of these right now) but other than that there's nothing that they could do for him. I've tried to talk to the principal but so far I haven't been able to reach her.

The counselor said that his teacher commented how well behaved he is when he's challenged and that she's going to go talk to the gifted department about moving him up to 1st grade but based on all of my conversations with the gifted department I doubt that that will happen. His gifted teacher said at this point she wouldn't even recommend him for full time gifted next year because he can't focus on the coloring and crafts that they do for 90 minutes a week.

I'm SO frustrated. No matter who I call it seems like I can't get any help. Nobody seems to understand that coloring for 90 minutes a week isn't doing anything to help DS with his need to learn new things. They do seem to get that his being bored is related to his behavior but at the same time use his behavior as an excuse not to do anything for him.

I'm at a loss now. I know I've said most of this before but just had to get it out again. This is the only place that I know of to go where people will understand what I'm going through.

I just don't know what to do now.