Originally Posted by crain
It is REALLY hard on me because they don't understand him and haven't taken the time to like him.

I strongly advice families to put their kids in classrooms where the teacher likes them. My son spend 2nd grade with a teacher who though that 'there was something wrong with him.' 6 hours a day, 180 days later, she had him quite convinsed. This teacher did, I believe 'love' my son, but it just plain wasn't good for him to be with someone who judged him harshly (and unconsiously encouraged the kids to do the same.)

Sometimes this can be turned around with the sneaky old trick.
A) Send in notes every other day about what your child likes about the teacher. Strech the truth if need be, but don't get caught.
B) Report that you are doing a 'home disipline program' that gives rewards for the good things he does in school every week, so ask for a weekly (or daily - if you think that she's do it) highlight that you can use as part of your disipline program. Tell her that you are particularly looking for moment that prove to your son that he can focus, or be kind, or whatever the current charge against your son is.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com