Delbows,

DS10 seems to be getting along well with the 6th graders, although a bit to eager to please the boys with little bits of outrageousness - which has attracted some adult notice, I wouldn't say Vulturing, maybe a mild circling.

the first Math test since the switch is due, and I'm excited to be validated - not that thats what Parenting is SupposeD to be about, but well....you know!

He's studing Ancient Civ for history/writing and seems very into it. I've been listening to a CD leacture series on Ancient Egypt ((a coinsidence, honest, I started before he even got the grade skip)) and what amazed me is that he can hear the names and associate them with what he saw in his text book.

It's so beyond what I can do in that one area. He was evesdropping on a lecture about medicine, which mentioned Queen/King 'Hatchabat' (detail blurry) and her temple and 'Old Dear Maury' (detail blurry, again)and DS 10 pipes up - "Her temple had three stories." I think, "((mental shrug.)"

Later that night while doing his homework he said, "Mom, come look, I think you'll enjoy seeing this." Sure enough, there was a picture of said temple - with it's three levels! How he was able to read the name on the caption and correlate it with what he heard on the CD amazes me.

Oh - and he's loving Science. They are studing microbiology, which is a more memorization of strange names with an idea or two linking them. The text book seems excellent, with much better pictures than I remember getting.

So - he's pleased, I'm pleased, and, as advertised, he is much easier to live with.

Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com