Some of you have been here for a long time, and know how hard I've worked to try to find an appropriate placement for DS10. Sometime in mid-August I reached a place where I couldn't bear to send DS10 back to public school. We found an academically challenging private school and he started there in September. Immediatly I felt that he seemed happier and more contented. For the first few weeks, he reported that the work was "not too hard and not too easy." And he was making lots of friends. Then 10 days ago the complaining about lack of challenge, which had been comming in dribs and draps, and I'd been emailing with the classroom teacher and lower school head, reached a loud roar. I contacted the school, requested a grade skip evaluation. Ten days later, after only one parent meeting and some interviewing/testing of DS10, I got the news on Friday that the school is offering a full grade skip to 6th grade, which is Middle School, with subject acceleration in Math to the accelerated 7th grade group which is doing Pre-Algebra, an 8th grade topic. I think that's 3 Math Grades over one long weekend - LOL! We accepted with pleasure and some nervousness all around. I will keep you posted. But I'll say this much for the record - I like the speed with which this school responded! I like the validation.

Interestingly. 10 days ago when DS10 was complaining, DH and I asked him if he wanted a grade skip, and he said yes, but in a subdued and sad way. By the time he was being interviewed and tested, he was whooping with delight - and he's thought to be a reserved kid. So I now think that he didn't show enthusiasm at first because he didn't think it could actually happen.

So send me virtual flower bouquets! IRL I won't be able to brag or crow at all. I need them from you!
Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com