I wouldn�t even ask, not yet, for several reasons.

One, this is already a novel idea for this school and I have the feeling that his current 5th grade teacher will not be happy about it (she hadn�t been told yet as of Friday). He asked her early on in the school year if he could do all the problems in the set rather than just odds or evens. She replied,� That wouldn�t be fair to the other kids�.
This response exemplifies the attitude of some teachers at this school and also many nosy-nose moms. Refer to Wilma Gayle�s �vultures� topic.

Second, the 6th grade teachers at this school are really excellent! I want him to have the benefit of their instruction.

Lastly, but importantly, his 12-year-old (moderately gifted) sister is in the 7th grade pre-algebra class. I don�t know how his moving in might impact their relationship.

As I stated above, this is a big exception for the school. Thinking long range, we may have to get creative for 7th and 8th grade, but for now, I�m grateful for this opportunity.

Trinity,

How is your son doing socially? Do you have difficulty regarding the attitudes of some parents when you explain his circumstances? I have found that some moms get very �ruffled� if another child is perceived as more intellectually advanced than their own child. Interestingly, if we were talking about sports, it wouldn�t be a problem.