I found that with some things if I talk something up too much it makes things worse.

Ex. A:
Trying to plan ahead and make things go well but this was too much and he rejects my idea.

Will you play with this younger boy, he's very cute and nice. He will feel left out if you don't play with him. I'd bet he likes your cars. He is just a little younger than the other boy you played with.

His anwser, NO!

Example B:
We are going to someone's house and a boy will be there. He said he would like to play with you if you want.

His anwser, OK

I think in the first effort I was trying too hard to make things good. I need to let things alone more and have faith they will go well. He need to be prepared without suprize and get to make the decision/choice.

I hope this helps. It's still hard for me to remember this all the time. When I realize I'm in the middle of a mistake where I've try to sell him on something too much I try to catch myself and stop. Just let the subject go without it becoming a big deal for a few days or weeks) and then reapproach it at a good moment

I wish you peace. Try and take a day outside with her and have fun. Maybe go to the zoo. Some place where the rules feel relaxed. This always helps me get back on track with my kids.

PS. Last year at school I was so worried about my daughter in k. Yet the teacher said, she wonderful, what ever you are doing keep doing it. I approached her a few times with things and she was very helpful. Then, one time after seeing my stress she said I could pray about it. I thought that is a good idea. I grew to trust her and let her know where I wanted my daughter to grow socially and felt confortable she would do what she could to help her.