Originally Posted by Wyldkat
I don't get why a K skip is such a hard thing to get... It makes more sense than a later grade skip if the child is already accelerated. At least this way the kids don't care and they are with the same kids for longer.

I agree, DS is fine with it and honestly I don't think he ever thought he was going to go to Kindergarten. I am not sure why because we never talked about it or anything. He did ask once if he could just start 4th grade. I think he just got a little confused when others question it and make him think it is strange. I can see how that would be confusing.

I think skipping K makes a lot of sense too with making friends and moving along from there and not having to start with friends and then leave those friends. He may have to do this in the future if he needs another skip, but I am hopeful that subject acceleration will be sufficient. I know for some K works because of the play aspect. I have heard for some that 1st is better to skip because that is when they learn to read (ugh). It's hard to say. I know that in K DS would go nuts if they were reviewing letters and sounds. He still will not like it if they are teaching how to read but hopefully they can just give him a book and some reading assignments or something and that would be a little more up his alley.