OMG ... I have not even considered the cable situation. And yes, it is definitely something I should be considering since the kiddo can maneuver her way through the TIVO. We have netflix on it and she can get into the sub menus and find the movie she wants to watch. She also knows exactly how a DVD works. Pretty funny to hear her talk about "scene selection". The nice thing is with TIVO we can't do the pay per view of cable on that box. But we do have a DVR in another room. Hmmmm... time to start locking things down. Really ... thank you for bringing it up b/c I haven't given it much thought.

Also ... rereading my post, just want to clarify that just cuz the kid can get to her movie of choice does not mean Mommy allows her to watch it. We regulate time in front of the TV and will now really need to enforce computer time b/c she seems to think she can use it whenever she wants. But days like today she spent zero time on the computer. And yes I think you are spot on with the assumption that she will figure out sooner than later how to manipulate the timer to her advantage.

I tell you staying one step ahead of these kids really is a challenge and I can only imagine as my DD gets older how much more difficult that will be.