Your DS sounds a lot like Mr W who is now 17 mos old. He walked at 9 mos and ran at 14 mos. He did stairs long before he walked. He prefers kids who are 3-6 years of age. Most people think he is 2-3 years old. He just has to see something once and he has it nailed.

Have you tried Starfall.com?

He will watch the ABC game all the way through and will press most of the letters by himself. I got him a trackball to work with on the big screen TV, but the TV went out right when I got it.

Enrichment:

Our babysitter speaks only Spanish with him during the day and he gets both English and Spanish books during the day and evening. He likes to have 10-15 books read to him at at time. He has brought me some adult books to read to him and will point at them wanting to know what they say.

Music:

He has been exposed to all kinds of music from a very early age. He loves pianos and has one of his own. He also has a recorder he likes to blow on. he has not figured out how to work the IPOD yet, but manipulates us to get to the songs he wants to hear. He has several favorite artists.

He knows and understands FAR more than he lets on.

We let him help around the house - unload the dishwasher, take out the trash, throw things away, - as well as when we go out - he pushes the cart, will put stuff in the cart, and helps unload it at the checkout counter. We try to include him as much as we can.

Oh, and he has a full range of activities - puppet shows ( yes, we lie about his age. ), playdates with kids > 3 years, museums, zoos, ranch, library, book store, mall, grandparents, etc.

He goes everywhere we go.

Last edited by Austin; 06/14/09 07:57 PM.