Hi Nes,

Mine's 27 now. Our pub. sch. sys. in met. NJ was cold-hearted to 2x Except. It's my belief that you can get better care in a priv. sch. if you shop around. As I look back, I'm sorry I didn't: 1. habituate him to whole foods, no artificial additives and 2. get him into group sports around 5 yrs. (before much soc. anxiety starts) Ours had a problem with social skills. (153 IQ, very asynchronous) I think if we'd have done those, he wouldn't have suffered so much with excitability, adhd, and social anxiety. His mind's amazing. I stayed at home for some years with all 3 boys. Museums, bug collections, plenty of books read, weekly library activities. The more confident they are, the more they can withstand the peer pressure to dumb down and the teasing. He hasn't needed Ritalin in several yrs; they often mature and self-manage better. He's now more organized than ever, cares for his personal appearance, and has made straight A's in college and grad sch. compared to when he didn't do homework and got failing grades in pub. sch. All the best to you all.