First why can't all Algebra be named the same so as not to confuse those of us who are already confused?

Could someone please share more about the AoPS textbooks mentioned?

My DD9 is working on ALEKS LV6 using yourteacher.com pre-algebra to make sure she gets a little more on each topic. The school district said that based on testing from the beginning of the school year she would be in 7th or 8th grade math by their "standards" from that point in time. She has moved forward exponentially from then. It doesn't help much because standards are so varied.

We are looking for suggestion and ideas when deciding a path from here. We are looking at the PLATO Algebra I which would be a pre-algebra or middle school algebra. Some of the examples look like review but it would be a start. She would then be able to take their Algebra II and then Geometry.

"PLATO� Algebra I, Part 1 is a pre-algebra curriculum that teaches students the foundation skills they need to understand and apply basic algebraic concepts. In Part II, students work with sets and numbers, polynomials and factoring, and equations and inequalities."

Would the AoPS textbooks be a good companion to this plan? Are their other suggestions or curriculum? We have considered other classes from the online virtual school but PLATO would allow her to move at her pace. I was also looking at the AoPS online classes. I'm sure I remember someone using them as well, please share?

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader