He agrees that it is his attitude that is more of a problem than the dyspraxia and says even though he is an actor he would have trouble feigning having fun on hikes because being a pedestrian is too pedestrian for him.

He says he feels like his dad and I are trying to push him into doing the camps and although I have mixed feelings about the camps, I do want him to stay in scouts because it is a mixed age group and there are adults in the group who are engineers and computer programmers and other people who are willing to share their time and knowledge with the kids. He can't go to the first camp because we have to go to my husband's reunion with other Vietnam vets. Some of them have some really interesting stories to tell about surviving in very difficult circumstances and I would like for my son to hear some of these stories now that he is a little older and is almost to Vietnam War years in his decade studies. He likes reading survival stories and he likes watching Man vs. Wild but I guess he would rather learn this stuff in the comfort of his own home.