So I have had a little time to let things sink in from our meeting with the school coordinator. I also did a little research. Apparently in our area most children are closer to 6 when they start K. So DD would be much younger than we were thinking if we sent her early. This may be what the coordinator was trying to tell me. It also sounds like the assessments that come later on are sometimes based on grade, so she could be possibly two years younger than some kids in the same class.

We had a meeting with DDs teacher. Wow! She said that they know she is gifted and that they have a plan for her. She seemed to have a good idea of where DD is at and even had some insights that I was not aware of. She basically said they can subject accelerate and it sounds like they are willing to be creative.

I did give her teacher the early entrance papers so we will see what happens. We told her about our plans and she said that the school would support us and help us at the new school if we do decide to move. So the message I got was that everyone is aware that some accommodation's will be needed. I am interested to see what the early entrance testing shows us. At this point I feel like the school can be a good partner in helping us figure all of this out. But I remember what it is like to be the kid in the middle of it so I will always keep our options open. I have another meeting to check out a Montessori school next week. For now I feel very thankful that we have the schools support and some other good options we are aware of now.