Skyward,

I feel your pain and reading your posts makes me so nervous because that will be us in a year or two. If you are anything like me you keep your DD ability close to the chest when around people and finally you feel some courage to approach the authorities to advocate for your child and what you get is spoon fed the generic stereotypical red flags we have all heard about. It is so frustrating! I really wonder if their eyes just glaze over and the ear canals close up when they hear people going down that path of my child is advanced? We are victims of being lumped in under Oh you are one of those parents. This is my worse fear when I finally do have the courage to talk to the school.

Here is my question and it ties into your experience...

You know we are looking at immersion programs too. So my question is if we put our DD in this program and they do as they say ... evaluate her abilities and put her in the level she should be then at age 3 she would be in the kindergarten class or the 4 yr olds at the minimal. So by the time she is 4 she would be in the kindergarten class... If we want to move her to Public school would the school district accept that she is accelerated in a private school program and place her at the level equal to that or would we be forced by age to start kindergarten? (We live in Texas and I haven't found the answer to this question out on the internet.)

This is a huge concern for me because I don't want to go into this program knowing that she will really be held back even further by public school if we choose to go that direction OR we make the leap to the private sector this early we will need to stay the course.

I really hope that makes sense and if you feel I am forcing this thread into the wrong direction please let me know and I will post this as a new thread.