Originally Posted by skyward
A few things she said made me nervous. She said it was a good idea to hold her back, have her start K at almost 6, for maturity reasons and that the school had accelerated a child once and it did not go well. She said several times that I should let her be a kid and that children learn best through play and that play is very important. I agree play is important, but it seemed like she said it in a way that was invalidating my concerns.
these are Big Red Flags. trust your gut

I am really at a loss. My DD is also upset. We also are looking into a language immersion program and early entrance at a public school for the fall. The public school wants info from her preschool to decide if she is ready for early entrance. Her preschool seems not in favor of acceleration.
If you can't get support from the preschool on acceleration, try the iowa manual

We just want to find a good fit for school and to spare DD the harassment we went through as children. I want to find a place were she can be herself and be appreciated for it. I am starting to worry this place might not exist. Any advice? I'm not sure how to handle this or what to do from here. I am afraid I made a mess of things. Help!
It might feel messy now but better to uncover this early when you have more time to research alternatives...