Well, I agree on the ODD thing. I was horrified that they assigned to DS6 - but then - there's no denying he's obstinate, willful, unafriad if adults and defiant - and been that way for more than 6 months - which is their criteria. However, it does have very negative connotations compared to a gifted child acting out or not being afraid of adults.

I spoke to the Board Certified Chiropractic Neurologist yesterday - and challenged him on the whole "why did you say in your aritcle that ADHD falls on the same spectrum as Austism and Asperger's a lot of parents don't find that helpful". But apparently - that's the way its viewed officially by the neurologists he has trained with. It's not that they are saying they are the same condition though.

Of course - some people hate Chiropractors - so that's a different argument/discussion.

I'm curious to see how he treats DS6 and if the exercises they give him help strengthen the weaker areas of his brain causing the eye problems and possibly the ADHD. In the meantime, we'll see whether home school and challenge and maturity improve things too.