CFK -
I don't think "sociability" runs in families, and when I think back to my brothers and the boyfriends, and their brothers from my teenage-years I think that having one brother be very girl-social actually puts an inhibiting effect on the others. No research here, just a hunch.

But the main point is that homeschooling is not a "all or none" permanent decision. I would encourage you to met your child's needs "for now" anyway you can. You can always change your plans later as priorities develop.

Tammy, I wouldn't be suprised if your daughter's school is a wonderful environment for her throughout her schoolyear, because of what you outlined in your Clustering post. The great thing about the Davidson Academy is that it's there if you need it. I read somewhere that when you met children's intellectual needs, every child does better, but the gap between top and middle actually grows, because the lid is taken off. So I wouldn't be suprised if she does need a gradeskip here or there, but you will know it by watching her behavior. If perfectionism develops, if she doesn't appear engaged, if she has lots of kids who want to be her friend, but no one that she values, then you'll know that some kind of change is needed.

Perhaps she'll get to spend a year or two at Davidson Academy at the end of High School, when she is ready to strech her wings? The good thing is that you are sitting pretty! I hear over and over that the key is to met your child's needs now, and be flexible in preparing for the future, as these kids tend to leap ahead in unpredictable ways.

Smiles,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com