Obviously we have to wait and see if dd gets into the YSP but if she does then it would only be a matter of time before we would have to think about the DA. I have mixed feelings on it. I think its an exceptional school. We'd almost be crazy to not send her there if she got accepted. I know that. My fear is making her grow up too fast. Her rate of acceleration right now is increasing and thats just in a public school that has a good focus on high kids. How fast would her acceleration be in an environment like the DA? Would she be graduating HS at a crazy young age? Is that a good thing? I dont want her to miss out on the normal "kid" stuff because she is already in college so young. KWIM? I know academically it would be unbelievable for her so its really a very hard decision. We are fortunate because not only is dd gifted but socially she is flourishing. She has lots of friends, her BF is actually in GT too. She is confident and a leader and so I like that she is so balanced. There are times that she gets frustrated with other kids because they just dont "think" like she does but for the most part she seems very happy with school etc. We just dont want to make a mistake! I guess we'll cross that bridge when we and IF we get to it. Its a huge decision!