I've been trying to find this one post i saw, and i can't seem to find it. It was someone who's child is 4 and in montessori preschool, and she found a school that might move her child to 1st grade.
Anyway i guess i could just get answers to my questions with my own post...I just hope you're all not tired of my incessant questions!lol

My concern is that My 3 year old will be 4 in July, and I was going to possibly try for early entrance to kindergarden. But he is already past everything he would learn in kindergarden, i feel he would be quite board. Only his writing is not quite there, but we still have 8 months until next school year, and at his growth rate...I'm quite sure it will be by then. Anyway I'M not sure what I'll try for, I might just keep him at home next year and try to teach him myself, and then the next year see what the schools can do. Mostly because my son is so imaginative and just wants to play. He will sit and learn for small periods 10-20 min (some days less). He will listen to a book for 45 min or so though. Just maybe not long enough for school. But he is able to learn so much in that short time,and even when i think he is not paying any attention, he seems later to have picked up everything he was taught.
He seems to only need a few months or less to learn what it seems to take other kids a year or more to learn.
my biggest question is how possible is skipping 2 grades or more at some point. Have any of your children been allowed to do that? Any in California? Anyhow i don't know if thats whats best for him either.
Any suggestions for what to do or can be done for a child 2 or more grades ahead, any advice would be wonderful. smile