Hi everyone,

Dd did not get into Hunter. Totally devasted for a day, but she told me after the interview she didn't want to go there. I met a mother, whose son's IQ is about 152 and he didn't get in. Her older son is at the public gifted school Anderson so her younger son can easily get in there as a sibling. They only need a 97percentile on the OLSAT. So we commiserate.

So in looking at the two public options, I am leaning towards one that is up and coming, new principal two years ago, that has the Singapore math.

And I am soothing my ego with reading all these negatives about Hunter. Windowless schools have 25% lower scores in math and reading to comparable schools. And Rena Sobotnik's Elite Talent that shows that since Hunter startee in 1941, there has been no "super" success story, like Bill Gates. All moderate success. Yes, it is sour grapes. Still much sadness about not having the peer group for her. But she said she didn't want Hunter, she didn't like it and wants the "science school".

Thank God, she is legacy for Harvard and her father fundraises for them. My nerves are shot from this process.

Ren