We notice that ds prefers to use pencil and paper for math, as he has trouble keeping more than two place values in his mind at a time. Subtraction and division were more of a struggle for him, too. (I think he is a little advanced in math, so the struggle is relative. It was a frustration FOR HIM, though.) We're assuming these challenges are related to the sequencing, coding, and backward digit span subtests, which were significantly lower than the other subtests.

I know about the spiraling of topics in Everyday Math. I actually used to use this curriculum many moons ago in my previous life as a classroom teacher (younger grades). I will continue to use Singapore Math, sparingly, with ds at home after school.

Ds doesn't have any fine motor struggles (writes easily and draws extremely well). Though he is a strong visual learner, bordering on photographic memory if he reads/sees something, he doesn't struggle with long-term auditory memory. I credit Suzuki lessons for this. Ds has been playing the cello for four years now. He has memorized 60+ songs, though he does enjoy sightreading as well (probably due to his strong visual bent).