Yes, that was my question: is his current level of math due to compensating for the weakness in sequencing. And, with the lower processing speed, would he be able to continue at the same level in a classroom.

I found Everyday Math's website. Topics (goals) covered are listed for each grade level. When ds goes to school in the fall he would be fifth grade by age. I am considering requesting a placement in sixth.

Math is ds's relative weak subject, as he is more advanced with his reading, writing, spelling, and exposure to history and science. He's also very strong in the arts. So, my big worry is math. If he's compensating there now, and maybe only doing what he is doing due to the one-on-one nature of homeschooling, will he be able to handle a classroom setting for sixth grade math next year?

I know that no-one has a crystal ball, but I'm hoping for "been there done that" or general impressions.

The other question lying in the wings would be whether or not the lower processing speed and sequencing scores suggest a possiblity of a LD. I don't remember the specific testing suggested by the psych, but she was also wondering if there were attention issues. (It has since become obvious that there is no ADHD with this kid, but I'm sure he looked the part at the time of testing.) I don't think accomdations would impact his feelings about math. He's just not a math kid, I guess. Neither was I (although I did very well in math at school, I just didn't enjoy math).

Thanks,
smile