We live in ND, attend a public school district where our gifted children are pulled out of class one hour a day for one week of the month. We have 2 (yes, 2) gifted teachers for all of our elementary school, which are made up of 3,000 students. We are on a block schedule with one block (45 min) being I/E time (intervention/extention)where teachers are supposed to differentiate, but really, they are human and cant do 4 different groups at once, so which group is left on their own??

This has come to a head now because another mom of a 3rd grader came to the PTO meeting asking about the lack of services and I was asked to help her find the right path in getting this issue rasied to our school board, and then possibly beyond if needed. I am busy researching laws, budgets, and stats for this issue.

I do think it is too late to change anything for my children, but there are more kids coming through behind them, and they will need this too, so I work for them now.

We have private schools around here, and I have toyed with the kids of homeschooling. I am all for home schooling, but my hubby thinks I deserve adult out of the home time (I was a SAHM for 8 years)and I think he is probably onto something...those were 8 long years for me.

My SIL is the school Phych for our area and she says she doesn't need to test him because she can tell me the outcome without the test, just because she knows him...and the school district wont test for this end of the spectrum. AUGH!!!!!!!!