Hello. I have found many websites that discuss gifted children and read many many posts, but I am getting to the point that I need to vent with other parents who can give me advice and support in raising one of my children who is extremely gifted, 2 who are bright, and one who is musically gifted but hates school.

My story: I have an 11 year old son who skipped crawling, talked in complete sentences at age 1, and was put on the back burner when he was 2.5 because we had triplets. He loved kindergarten and first grade and did very well at finding other ways to have fun, as he was very excited to have his own place (triplets were babies, he was a big boy.) Second grade hit and everything changes - we went from happy school-loving boy to migraines, crying, frustrated with life kid. He has been pulled out for our weak enrichment program since day 1, but in 4th grade asked if he could quit because it was boring. Fast forward to now - he barely pulls b's on his 5th grade report card and has found a way to blend in and not care anymore about anything school-related. He is my concern.

2/3 of our triplets are girls and get all a+'s on report cards, look perfect, score higher on standard tests, but in my opinion are bright, but not gifted like our eldest is. They dont think deep outside-the-box concepts. (like the brother who decided in 2nd grade that learning addition facts was so not important because people in N Korea are opressed?!?!?) And then the other 1/3 of the triplets is our creative ADHD musical, break everything, fix everything kid who leaves me confused but melts me too...

I feel like school has failed my child and in not doing a whole lot about it, maybe I have to?
I appreciate being able to talk to many parents who will know my frustrations...and I hope I have a lot to give back too.

My secondary job: I work as a special ed para - love my job and the kids I get to work with. I would love to see someone give that kind of attention to my child who struggles as well, just in a different way.