K -
Thanks for sharing. this stuff is BIG! When DS11 ended the year with a "C" in Language Arts (the rest "B"s) I worried that I had made a mistake with the gradeskip (for about 30 seconds) - until a friend said that a "C" around this age is protection against High Scool or College Suicide for a B+. I hope you didn't contemplate for very long, but it does happen. No wonder we are scared.

BTW, I think the football is wonderful if he will keep with it. DS also hated to be corrected. I picture it as - he had learned not to trust anyone but himself, and NOW we are telling him that he can't even trust him? How much for insecure can a kid get? I think that homeschooling allows you lots and lots of chances for him to get used to overcoming difficult challenges. Then there are the academic competitions when he gets a bit older. I figure that I am always looking for the edge where he can work hard and succed after a little delay. In the begining the delay was about one second. Now he may have 5 minutes of complaining and then burst ahead and do what looked impossible. It's a process. Messy - yuck! But they do grow and mature.

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com