We used a sitter so I could write my novel and still homeschool.

No pressure--hard sell is not my style! wink But I would suggest that you not write off homeschooling as impossible if it is something that might solve your problems.

It's also not necessary to homeschool forever. I always say that for us, homeschooling is not a philosophy, it's a practical solution to a real-life problem. When a better solution (or a different problem!) comes along, we'll change what we're doing. I know families who have kids who have been in public school, private school AND have homeschooled at various stages of their education, and they're just lovely kids! Homeschooling doesn't have to be a "forever" decision. It sure isn't necessarily "forever" for our family.

Case in point: next year I'll have one child in public school and one homeschooled (I think, assuming nothing changes between now and then...). I also figure DS7 will eventually wind up in private school sometime. If public school isn't a good fit for DS4 as I think it will be, then we'll figure something else out for him. Those are the best choices for each child, as an individual, so that's what we're doing.

I'm all for exhausting options with the school if that suits you and your child. Go, you! smile But misunderstandings about homeschooling and how to make it work are common, so I would strongly recommend that you learn more about it if you think it is a potential solution before you decide against it. I hate to see people lock themselves in a box that isn't really there, you know? And just knowing that you *could* choose to homeschool if you want to--even if you decide not to--can allow you to negotiate with the school from a position of strength. You don't have to feel like they're the only game in town. Just having another option gives you courage, you know?

Happy to talk about it further if you want. Or not. smile

Kriston