Hi-

I still kind of a newbie on this board, but I thought hearing about our experiences might help too! My DD6 skipped Kindergarten last year and went straight into first. Halfway through she was skipped to second. She is now a 6 year old 3rd grader and still above grade level in everything except writing(grade level). She fits in socially, which is so important. But most importantly she LOVES being in third grade.
I know how scary it is even having to think about multiple grade skips, I was a basket case for the first 2 weeks of each skip. I thought my husband and I must be the worst parents in the world to even think about it, but ultimately we knew what was best for our daughter. She was assessed by the school psych and turns out she's PG (which I NEVER would have thought) with achievement scores to match.

I do have to say I prefer acceleration to differentiation when possible. I have seen how hard it is to accommodate both in class and by sending students out to other classes.
As others have said, each child, family, and situation is different and you must do what's best for you today and think about tomorrow tomorrow.

I hope this helps and good luck with your decision,

Laura