Originally Posted by inky
That gets my vote too! grin Please add true accountability to your platform so parents don't have to waste so much time and effort pushing on a string.

I don't have any idea what accountability would look like in this situation, so please inky, say more. I do like what Dottie's School System has with their Arbitrations System.

No matter what the system, we have humans planning and administrating those systems. So if the teachers who are doing the placement testing are only given tests with ceilings that work for 95% of kids then 5% of kids won't be properly placed. This is the kind of thing that I hear about here over and over, so that's one reason why, when I visit schools, I stuff that magic cotton in my ears, and ignore all the great sounding promises that the administration says, and only look at teachers in action in the classrooms, and the results of testing that the school does on my individual kid, and their proposed plan for him, subject by subject.

Maybe we'd publish a chart showing the gains made by each individual kid. There is a researcher (help! name anyone?) who says that in a system that worked, the highest acheiving students would make the most gains, and really take off, making everyone else look worse by comparison even while the average and weak students learned more than ever before. Might be great and look bad on paper....

Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com